Friday, May 14, 2010

Under His wings you will find refuge

14 x 16
Sold Psalm 91:4 He will cover you with his feathers and, and under his wings you will find refuge...

I paint on wooden frames that are constructed by a good friend who goes to church with us. He is an excellent wood worker and builds beautiful furniture. I painted this as a gift to he and his wife for giving their time and resources to build the frames. Daniel and Jenny live on a farm and this past year, they raised sixty baby chickens. They have two adorable boys and are raising them in a Godly home. They are surrounded by nature and all of the wonderful lessons that can be learned through raising animals and planting gardens.
I had been praying about a painting for them and one night while I was reading a mother goose book to my 2 year old, I came across an adorable picture of some chickens. Daniel and Jenny's painting immediately flashed through my mind. I could see it beginning to come together. When I finished the book and put my child to bed, I asked my husband if he had any thoughts about what I should paint for Daniel and Jenny and the boys. He said, "How about chickens?" So chickens it was. I pray that like baby chicks under the wings of its mother, Daniel and Jenny and their boys would always know that they are safe and secure in the refuge of our loving God. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment