Friday, May 14, 2010

Taste and see that the Lord is good.

24 x 24
Sold

Psalm 34:8 Taste and see that the Lord is Good


Recently, I had a craving for chocolate chip ice cream, so I treated myself to a carton from the nearest grocery store. One night, after tucking my three girls in their beds, I reached into the freezer and placed the tub of ice cream onto the counter. The plan was to have just a few bites, but it tasted so much better than I had imagined. Before long, my "tasting" turned into a heaping bowl of ice cream. Knowing and experiencing God is a lot like tasting ice cream. Once you have truly tasted the goodness of the Lord who relates to us in a real and personal way, you desire to experience more and more of him. Like ice cream, my life with Christ has proven to be far richer than I had imagined. Taste and see that He is good. Then, your hunger for Him will cause you to dig even deeper.


Note: If you look closely at the ice cream cone on the far left, you will find the scripture "Taste and see that the Lord is good," buried in the cone. The background color in this photo is not totally accurate. It is actually a lighter more olive green.

No comments:

Post a Comment