Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Walking in the Truth


3 John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.

A few months ago, I "commissioned" my four year old daughter, Virginia, to paint a picture of a church for me. She picked up her paintbrush and painted a small rectangle with a cross on top and then placed different splats of color all around the little church she had created. When I asked her what the splats of color were, she replied, "Those are the footprints of all the people coming to church." Then she looked at me, rather indignantly, to let me know that I should certainly have known that without having to ask.
The painting above was a commission done for a loving young mother of two girls whose desire was to incorporate her children's footprints and the verse, 3 John 1:4 into a painting for her girl's room. When she presented the idea to me, Virginia's painting immediately came to mind. Inspired by my four year old's painting, I painted a church and the children's footprints walking toward the church to represent that this young mother will "hear of [her] children walking in the truth." I pray that every step of their lives would draw these young girls closer and closer to our loving God.

Pictured below is the real masterpiece signed by my sweet Virginia.


1 comment:

  1. G AND I LOVE YOUR PICTURE. YOU ARE REALLY GOOD. DRAW US ANOTHER ONE. LOVE, G AND MARY HELEN

    ReplyDelete