Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Sun and the Rain and the Appleseed

20 x 28
Not for sale
"Oh, the Lord's been good to me, and so I thank the Lord, for giving me the things I need, the sun, and the rain, and the appleseed. The Lord's been good to me." Amen

My seven year old daughter, Mary Helen, and I painted this painting together. Whenever I am able to have lunch with her at school, I love to watch the children sing this blessing together. It is an incredibly heart warming sight to see a group of children singing and thanking God for their blessings.


2 comments:

  1. Mary Helen, It looks as though you have inherited some of your mother's painting talent. What a beautiful painting. I just love the colors. The Lord has been good to you, hasn't he? He has been good to me too. He gave me such beautiful granddaughters with a love of God in their hearts. You are indeed special to PaPa and me. We love you very much. G and Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY... I love it!!! You should illustrate a children's BOOK!!! PLEASE :) It will be amazing and I want to own the first copy! I can already see it now... I won't be able to sleep until you agree to it!

    ReplyDelete