Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Lord, Light My Path

12 x 16
Sold

This is one of a pair of paintings I did for a woman and her sister who both wear rings that have the phrase, "Lord Light my Path" written on the inside of the ring. She wanted a pair of paintings depicting that phrase, one for her sister and one for herself.

When I think of the Lord lighting my path, I picture myself carrying a lantern that only illuminates what is right in front of me. More often than not, I cannot see what is at the end of the path. I am simply required to take small steps of obedience as he gradually illuminates the ground in front of me.

I painted the three legged stool without really thinking about any significance and then realized afterward that it is actually a neat picture of the Trinity. The three legs are separate but the stool is one, and it is all three parts of the trinity that hold our lantern and light our path. We must know him as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. There is something about it that speaks to me about knowing him fully. Our paths are lighted as we grow in his Word, which causes us to know him more fully as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

I pray for both of these women that God would light their paths and continue to guide and direct them throughout their lives. I pray that as He gradually illuminates their paths, He would give them the courage and strength to take those steps of obedience that God directs them to. And I pray that with each step they would know him more fully as the Father, the Son, and The Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment